Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Will Amir Khan retire?





Amir Khan has declared that he has decided to stay in the sport of boxing after losing his WBA light -welterweight with a fourth round-knockout defeat by Danny Garcia
After IBF super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch said he would retire if he had been knocked out like Amir Khan we all couldnt wait to hear what Amir Khan had decided to do. 
Khan was knocked out badly by Breidis prescott but this was before moving to train with Freddy Roach now he has been knocked out once again and this is the third setback of khans career

But khan responded to Carl Froch and a lot more other things
"Carl's always got his little things to say and I'll leave it to that really. If he wants to retire he can retire.
"I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really.
"People are going to say things after this fight, but people said things after the Prescott fight and you see how I came back from there."
Prior to the fight, Khan had talked about stepping up to welterweight for a meeting with unbeaten American Floyd Mayweather.
But he now admits it is more likely he will remain at light-welterweight for at least one more bout.

"It's put things back," he explained. "I made 140lb very comfortably this time and I think it will be ideal for me to stay maybe one more fight - if I can win the title and then move up to 147lb. No rush.

"People believe 'Amir should be moving up, doing this, doing that'. People forget how old I am.
 I'm still young and there's a lot I need to work on before I do move up to the next division.

"We're going to try for the rematch. I don't know if they're going to take it, but if we can get that in England it will be amazing."


No comments:

Post a Comment