Pages

Saturday 21 July 2012

Groves plans to hurt Anderson


The rematch of their 2010 showdown, when Groves climbed off the canvas to stop Anderson in the sixth round, looks set to be staged at Wembley Arena on September 14.
If the fight falls through Groves, who faces Mexican Francisco Sierra in California on Saturday week, will still top the bill at the Frank Warren show.
The 24-year-old has been at loggerheads with Anderson since pulling out of their rematch in March because of a back injury and is eager to settle their grudge match.
"I'd like to punch Kenny Anderson on the throat because he's been bad-mouthing me. He can't help himself," the British and Commonwealth champion said.
"People ask me day in day out how do I feel about James Degale,http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif but I couldn't care less about him.
"But someone I would like to punch on the throat is Kenny Anderson, so congratulations to him - he's done well.
"There will be a bit of spite about my training, though I will be calm and composed on fight night.

Back and nose injuries have restricted Groves to just one fight since outpointing DeGale last May, but the inactivity will soon give way to a busy schedule with Warren promising him "the full treatment" promotionally.
Groves, who hopes to be world champion within the year, revealed that neither DeGale nor IBF champion Carl Froch are on the immediate radar.
"I'm not sure what James' plans are. He's been inactive and I'd like to see more of him in the ring," he said.
"I'm not interested in him right now. There's no interest in him in the UK apart from when he fights me
"I don't need to start bad-mouthing Carl yet. Carl's got a world title and has other things on his radar right now.
"But it is a great fight for the British public, probably a stadium fight.
"Hopefully he won't hide behind his team, all I ever hear from them is that they're crying out for the fight.
"His claim to fame is that he won one round against me. He put me down in the third but I got up and stopped him.
"Since then he hasn't beaten anyone of note. It will be a very easy fight and you'll see how much I've improved since then."
"I'm not interested in what will propel me to fame as quickly as possible, I'm looking for experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment